20 Things Only Hispanic People Get
There are certain things you only understand if you grew up in a Hispanic family. There is an abundance of beans in the cupboard. Every event is a family reunion and these are never to be taken lightly. We are bringing you 20 more things that only Hispanic people relate to.
1. A goodbye kiss on the cheek to EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. in the room
2. You had multiples of these in your house.
3. Every meal was some variation of beans, rice, and some sort of meat.
4. Your abuela would tell you that you looked bigger while simultaneously serving you more food.
5. This show is how you received most of your life lessons.
6. You saved every plastic bag from the grocery store.
7. At least one of your relatives wore these.
8. You were late to everything.
9. Having to take out 30 pans before baking anything in the oven.
10. Singing “Happy Birthday” twice every birthday party: once in Spanish and once in English.
11. This cured everything.
12. Finding beans, rice, salsa, and anything but butter in this container.
13. Family reunions looked something like this.
14. The horror of waking up to loud Latin music because you knew it meant cleaning all day.
15. She was every girl’s idol and every boy’s woman crush.
16. Saturday nights meant one thing.
17. You always knew the novela episode would be good if he showed up in the 30 second preview.
18. Having to explain American slang to your parents was always an awkward situation.
19. You met a new cousin at every family get-together.
20. You survived a few of these mosh pits.